Are you planning to renovate your building? Or do you want to start a new project? You’ll need tapware where necessary. So, as a plumber or a contractor, do you know that there are some things you need to consider before selecting tapware? Of course, you don’t just visit a store to pick a tap without first considering some factors. If you overlook some aspects, the picture you have in mind might not come to reality.
I wondered why homeowners spend extra money on changing their taps every year. Perhaps, the plumber might not consider some factors before picking a tap for their project. With that said, I think this write-up will also help homeowners have an idea about the plumbing procedures. So, as a homeowner, you can ask your contractor or your plumber some questions to know if he has done the needful.
However, I implore you to shun all distractions right now and pay attention to what I will reveal here. But before I proceed, it would be nice to have background knowledge about what tapware entails.
What is tapware?
Tapware is an essential tool that controls and dispenses water. There’s no building construction without a tap. A tap is a device that manages and controls the flow of water to the basin in the kitchen, bathroom and every other place needed. This unique tool is a plumbing fixture that offers a flow of water. On the other hand, tapware is a plumbing fixture that sprays water over you in the bathroom. The device you control to spring water in either your bathroom or your kitchen tapware. Hopefully, you can now testify to the statement above that there’s no building construction without this unique tool. If you want an easy water flow in your home and office, you must use this device. Of course, there are different types of tapware. So, it depends on the one you want to use for your project.
Exceptional things to consider before selecting a tapware
- Know your pressure: It doesn’t matter if you’re renovating or you want to embark on a new project. But if you are renovating, there’s a tendency that you’re working with the existing plumbing. Therefore, you must not overlook the aspect of knowing the house’s water pressure. You can use your cylinder to check if there’s a label that indicates “Mains pressure.” One hidden thing to people is that tapware is created to align with the mains pressure. So, it is expedient for plumbers to ensure that the tapware matches the pressure. Honestly, a plumber can spend more time installing tapware if he does not know this fact. So, it is expedient for you to choose a tapware that will connect with the water pressure. If you neglect this, your client may label you as an incompetent plumber. Visit http://isleofarchitecture.com/10-quality-tapware-for-your-next-project/ to read about 10 Quality tapware for your next project.
- Know what you need: It is expedient to know what you need. It is also essential for you to know that high-usage taps are the ones that ought to be in the kitchen and bathroom. You should also see if you’ll need a mixer that controls hot and cold from one lever. You may need separate taps for hot and cold feeds at times. Honestly, I have seen several plumbers failing in this area. On the other hand, homeowners can inform the contractor or the plumber about the type of tap they want to see in their bathroom and kitchen.
- Know the space: Ensure that you pick a tap that will align with the room’s length. You need to consider this before choosing a faucet for any project. If you’re renovating and the sink is intact, measure the distance from where your existing tap is mounted on your bench to the sink. Therefore, if you know the space, you’ll know the best faucet. Please don’t join the league of plumbers that embark on a project without knowing what will fit the area they want to do.
- Know the warranty: There is a classy tap with a two-year contract. So, if you choose those taps for your client, you should know that you’ll be going back to that project to work again. Of course, some homeowners may tell you that they’re ready to change those taps every year. But for you, as a plumber, it is expedient for you to look for products that have a warranty longer than a year. So homeowners should also talk to their plumbers to help them pick a durable tap. That is a tap that will last longer than expected.
- Know the style: As a plumber, it is good to know the trending tap style. In the olden days, traditional choices offered the basics like a chrome finish or gold finish. But nowadays, there are brushed chrome and other options like black matte taps. Just keep the functionality in mind and not get too influenced by all the shiny options.
After choosing tapware, you need to follow the installation procedures carefully. One needs to be careful, especially if one is renovating. The renovation process is not easy compared to a new project. In dealing with a new project, the plumber is the one to lay a new foundation. But the case of renovation is different. In renovation, a plumber is working on an existing plumbing foundation. So, it requires extra effort, and one must be careful. Renovation takes more time because plumbers need to study the formal plumber techniques. When you know the methods used before, you will see the area to come in. You can also read about How To Install A Tap by clicking here.
On a final note
Dear reader, I hope you’ve seen something profound here. This article is a special message for plumbers, contractors, and even homeowners. You can now choose a tap for your next project with the information above. Finally, a question might cross your mind regarding this topic. Please don’t hesitate to drop your question in the comment box. Also, you can contribute.